by Alena Mae S. Flores – April 06, 2016 at 11:05 pm
from Manila Standard Today
The Energy Department may come out with the list of solar projects with a combined capacity of 450 megawatts that qualified for the second wave of feed-in tariff this week.
National Renewable Energy Board chairman Pete Maniego said that based on his talks with the department, the Renewable Energy Management Bureau was set to issue its report this week.
Maniego said the NREB, the implementing arm of the Renewable Energy Law, was preparing recommendations to the department on the possibility of another round of installation targets for renewable energy projects.
“We are working on it already, but we are waiting for latest status update from DoE as to the solar projects that qualified to the 450-MW installation target and the P8.69 per kWh FIT rate,” he said.
The Philippine Solar Power Alliance last week scored NREB for its alleged refusal to grant audience to solar companies and discuss issues surrounding the implementation of the round of the solar feed-in tariff availment.
PSPA legal counsel Beverly Noriega said in a statement “solar companies merely wants an opportunity to raise their respective concerns” with NREB.