By Alena Mae S. Flores – August 30, 2018 at 07:55 pm
The government rejected all unsolicited offers for the proposed $2-billion integrated liquefied natural gas project after they were found non-compliant, Energy Undersecretary Donato Marcos said Thursday.
Marcos said with the latest development, state-run Philippine National Oil Co. was seeking solicited offers from the private sector to choose the partner for the development of the LNG integrated terminal, which would be crucial with the expected depletion of the Malampaya natural gas reserves by 2024.
Marcos said PNOC asked its board to approve the solicited mode of partnership selection instead of the previous unsolicited approach.
“PNOC is seeking for a partner. Their scheme is solicited, Previously it was unsolicited,” Marcos said.
Marcos said PNOC moved toward a solicited mode partnership “because there were no offerors who became compliant or comprehensive.”
“So now they asked the approval of the board to look for a partner through solicited terms,” he said.
Marcos said PNOC would establish its own terms of reference. After selecting a partner, PNOC will apply for a permit with the Energy Department, he said.
“Everything is DoE in terms of permitting and regulation,” he said.