by Lenie Lectura – December 20, 2015
from Business Mirror
THE National Grid Corp. of the Philippines (NGCP) on Saturday reported another bombing incident involving its transmission line in Maguindanao.
Based on an initial report, tower No. 168 of the 138-kiloVolt (kV) Kabacan-Sultan Kudarat line was bombed at 11 p.m. on December 18.
“One of the tower legs was cut off, but the incident fortunately did not result in a power interruption,” the grid operator said.
Repair will start as soon as the area is secured, the NGCP said.
The same tower was previously bombed by lawless elements. The NGCP warned that if unabated, bombing incidents might prevent customers from enjoying uninterrupted electricity during the holidays.
“The NGCP has repeatedly appealed to the public, the national government, the local government and the Philippine Army for assistance in resolving security issues,” it said.
Early this month, the NGCP reported a bombing incident along the Kibawe-Sultan Kudarat 138-kV line, specifically the portion in Pikit, North Cotabato. The incident caused the power interruption along the Tacurong-Sultan Kudarat line.
Affected were the customers of Cotabato Light, Cotabato Electric Cooperative, and the XXX Electric Cooperative and part of Maguindanao province, part of North Cotabato, and Cotabato City. This was the 11th transmission tower bombed this year.